Interview with ASUS.ROG Elfi about his gaming career, his new team and more..Yeni takımı ASUS.ROG ile olan Finlandiya’lı oyuncu Elfi ile oyunculuk kariyeri, yeni takımı ve fazlası hakkında röportaj gerçekleştirdik
As Zone eSports, we continue our interview series with Finland warrior Samuli Sihvonen. He is 21 years old and playing his new team Sett.fi ASUS ROG. He formerly was an Undead player in Warcraft III and known for having exceptionally strong PvP in Starcraft 2. We want to talk with him about his new team, pro-gaming career and general interview about everything. Un-cut version
- if not special, can you tell us why do you left from Acer? What is your new projects, expectations and tournament plans with your new team ASUS ROG?
– Well its simple I felt ASUS ROG would be better for my career so I left Acer for it. My plan is to attend as many tournaments as possible in ASUS ROG lately I ve been having some problems but I m hoping to qualify for IEM events again I ve liked them in past and then I want do well especially in Assembly ASUS ROG since its my teams tournament 😛
- It’s been known that you are the master of PvP – How do you feel, what is your tactical and mental advantage on PvP match-ups? Who is the challenging protoss player to you?
– Well I was several steps ahead of others in PvP earlier but now I wouldn’t say so since the mu has chanced so much. Before I abused timings and 4gates as much I wanted I felt like I always made better decision after scouting and got big lead with strats but now its different. Everyone is playing enough greedy often and being able to defend all attacks so the game goes always to mass colossus mothership and I suck in that. I don’t want to say any names now but there has been always few guys whos I ve feared in PvP.
- How much do you generally play every day? Do you have any special training programs for big tournaments?
– Hmm I d say my average practice time atm is 4hours in day and then I also play some tour or something at evening but I don’t count that as good practice. I don’t really have any special training thought I should have and especially scout my opponents more their VODs for last months etc
- Despite of 2011, you dont able to attend big tournaments in 2012, is there any special reason for this? (Btw, while we are making this interview you won TSL EU Qualifier. GG!)
-Biggest problem is that there is always qualifiers for big events and most of the qualifiers are in NA server (nasl/ipl etc) I just dont feel like its possible to win anyone who plays good since the delay is that big and then I also often miss qualifiers like last MLG I totally didn’t even notice there was qualifiers starting I wouldn’t say I m not participating any big events I ve been in Dreamhack events and I will be playing in ASUS ROG in assembly so I m playing few big events and few events not.
- Do you watch top-pro’s streams, GSL’s VODs to learn or create your own some new build orders or tips from?
-I ve never watched anyones stream to learn something new since everyone is pretty much just practicing same stuff in that and don’t think anyone would show some think new there but I ve watched GSL and big tournaments to see how top players are playing and sometimes when I feel I m having big problems vs something I try to watch every tour to see some tips.
- Lets talk about a little bit SC2 tactics.
What’s your tactical suggestions with 3 base roach agressions?
– Depending on the map its possible to defend with sentry immortal stalker army I like especially cloud there it is easy to take 3rd and defend but overall I prefer finishing Zerg in 2base all in 😛
On the late games, what’s your army compositions in PvZ match-ups?
– Usually it is the mother/stalker/colo/archon sometimes I go for storm/carrier/mother but its alot harder to make that composition but if u are able to do that then Zergs really cant beat it storm owns corruptors so good with carriers.
Nowadays, We saw more Warp Prısms(WP) like Terran’s medivac. How do you feel this tactic is useful or not? Personally we’d say that good WP’s micro must be good in Protoss. What say you?
– Ofc the warpprism is more used now the games are going more and more longer so its easier to do more stuff before game was played so bad that it was often only 2base etc so u couldnt do alot but one army but now u have to mix somethnik more in ur game than just all ins.
- How do you find your ex-team mate Nerchio as a pro-gamer? He did several achievements and lastly won HSC V. Is it time to go Korea for himself?
-I think nerchio is really nice guy and really talented and his making his final breaktrough atm earlier he had alot troubles in LAN events like everyone whos playing first times there but lately he allways goes far in every tour dreamhack events and now even winning HSC. Korea might be good for him but I cant really tell since I haven’t tried it myself so I dont know is it that good but I really dont think nerchio is ever going to korea to prac:P
- Do you have any unforgetable favourite StarCraft II match? (For yourself or other’s matches)
– Naa I dont have any special match that I can think of.
- Who is your most challenging pro-gamer? Who do you like playing most with?
– For me there really isnt anyone who I would want to meet in tour ofc maybe earlier it felt big playing vs some stars but now that I have played against big names its np now :P.
- How do you feel about the organizations like IEM, MLG, Dreamhack and special tournaments? What’s the advantages and disadvantages for a player perspective to attend these big events?
– As a player I cant really thnik any disadvantages in big events players are started to treat better all the time we have more possibilities to relax between our games since there is some player lounge usually ofc from time to time there is some problems but if u are able to participate in these events I dont think any player can whine too much about them.
- What can you advise to your fans and players that are planning to make a good career in pro-gaming?
-Work hard thats the only way and ask your countries’ top players few tip and try to get someone help you.
- We saw you while playing Golf in your activies Do you good at it and is there any other sports for your physical activity?
-Hahahahaha yea I was playing golf first time so ofc I was horrible in that just hitting the ball was good job 😛 and I m trying to keep my physical shape good with jogging but I still have long way to go
- if you gave us your Social Links, your fans and readers can reach you more easily.
We thanked him for being a part of our interview series. GL and HF!Röportajımız İngilizce olduğu için Türkçe’si çok yakında eklenecektir. İngilizce röportaj için: